Saturday, July 11, 2009



Hello! Posted above are two of my newest ACEOs, the top one is based on my nephew who left this week for Mali Africa with the Peace Corps. He should be getting there today for his three months of training, then off to a village somewhere for 2 years. Ah, the exuberance of youth.

The other picture is of two rats, one pointing at something.

I am also setting up my 'new' computer, a Mac G4 with Dual 1.25 GHz processor. What a difference from my 733. I had the G4 delivered to my shop, put Leopard on him, downloaded software I needed from the web so that when I took it home I would just have to install PhotoShop and FreeHand. All went well until I went to open PhotoShop 7 and got a weird message. Come to find out PhotoShop 7 will not work with Leopard. I spent quite a few hours looking for a cheap alternative, but in the end, had to erase the disk and put on Tiger, which I would have done in the first place had I known about the PS7/Leopard issue. Arrrghhh. I should have done my homework better, silly me.

While snooping around with my speedy new computer I just discovered that you can use google as a calculator, just type a math problem (ie 700-15=) in the search bar and it will give you the answer right then and there. If you leave off the = sign and hit return it will be the first listing. You can then see more about calculator and other neat stuff Google can do. Of course this could be common knowledge but it was new to me.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the top rattie!

Never had a Mac. Need to get a new computer soon but will stick with windows. All my software is geared for windows.

kmcoriginals said...

Hi Gail, thanks. All I've ever had were Macs with the exception of one PC just to run the UPS software. It is now just an ornament, hasn't been turned on in years.