Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You're kidding me, right?



My drawing here may strike you as a humorous piece of art but apparently to the post office it is offensive. I have this art in my Zazzle shop and submitted it for postage and this is their response:

The details of the product being removed are listed below:

•    Product Title: No cats on beach postage
•    Product Type: Postage
•    Product ID: 172580117471961236

•    Result: Not Approved
•    Policy Violations:

o    Design incorporates material the primary purpose of which is to advocate or protest any particular religious, social, political, legal or moral agenda of any person or entity.


They go on to apologize, blah, blah, blah. My primary purpose was to create a funny piece of art and I wasn't advocating or protesting anything. No cat that I know, and I know quite a few, have taken offense at my drawing. In fact my cat even posed for the picture. The card and postcard are still available.

Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Unbelievable! I think the painting is darling!

Drusilla Kehl said...

Oh give me a break! That's ridiculous! The painting is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Grr! Annoying jobsworths!!!

Just found your blog and artwork- and VERY delighted I did- absolutely love it! xx