Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Friends and New Art


This is my newest colored charcoal drawing. It's done on a 3"x5" Pastelbord panel. I like using Pastelbord and will pick some more up on my next trip to Jerry's Artarama.

I plan on doing art today while I listen to a book on tape. I have a charcoal piece I want to tweak a bit and some new pictures that are giving me inspiration.

While at my moms on Friday I was taking pictures of her rhododendron and I can just picture a rat peeking out of the petals. Or perhaps holding one. I'm sure by the time I put pencil to paper something will click.

My next inspiration comes from a visit with two of my best friends yesterday. My friend has a stream running through her back yard! (how cool is that?) I finally took pictures of it since it was a beautiful sunny day. Here is a peek at one of the photos I may work from.


Well, that is all for now, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sandy Byers said...

Kathy, I adore that little kitty. It is such a nice composition! I am so glad I found your blog. Cheers, Sandy (aka mom to biscuit & gravy)

kmcoriginals said...

Thanks so much Sandy, I am a big fan of your pastels of Biscuit and Gravy and all other art you create!